If you enjoy beautiful housing in a scenic yet easily accessible area then the Trestles Apartments in Raleigh is sure to suit your tastes. Both one and two bedroom apartments are available and aesthetic amenities include fireplaces, balconies and vaulted ceilings.
At the same time, no place is really home until you’ve decorated it for the season. Here are three ideas for winter centerpieces that may suit your fancy.
Candles make excellent centerpieces and they can be used in a variety of ways. A candle in a metallic lantern is great if you want a centerpiece with a traditional feel. Other alternatives include having several tea candles floating in a bowl of water or placing a large candle in a glass tray and decorating the tray with pine sprigs, pine cones and/or holly.
Baubles can convey a large variety of sentiments. Gold and silver are elegant and classy while orange and red have a warm, autumnal feeling. Hot pink and blue give a room a lively flair while green and red are traditional December colors. Place the baubles in a glass container and watch them transform your living or dining room area.
Floral arrangements make lovely centerpieces. You can use either real or fake flowers; however, fake flowers are the best option if you suffer from allergies and/or want a long-lasting centerpiece. Choose flowers that match with room’s overall style of decor and the holiday sentiments you want to convey. At the same time, don’t be afraid to think outside the box and choose an original arrangement that reflects your unique personality.
The Trestles has much to offer anyone who is looking for a new home. The community is near local schools and shopping centers, has flexible lease terms and offers a playground, swimming pools, on-site clothing care centers and other amenities. Give us a call to find out more or take a tour of the grounds.
One of the best ways to freshen up apartments in Raleigh, NC is to change their decor on a seasonal basis. This can be done on any scale, so there’s no need to invest a large amount of money to get the right effect. Here are some ideas for fall that range from minor accents all the way to full-scale makeovers:
Add Table Accents
Give fall centerpieces a fresh take by exchanging typical orange pumpkins for white ones and using fresh fall flowers instead of dried summer varieties. If you would rather use dried flowers for their longevity, choose a less-common type like hydrangeas.
To bring the look to your entire apartment, use smaller versions of the same display on your accent tables. A votive candleholder surrounded by bits of fall flowers will spread the theme well.
Put a Fall Wreath on the Door
Colorful leaves and pinecones are the most common elements for these, but there’s no need for them to be so traditional. Try wood slices, dried flowers and other elements for a fresher look.
Buy a Rug with Fall Colors
If you want a bigger effect than accents can bring, try a large rug in subdued oranges and browns. This will certainly change the look of your apartment and make it far more seasonal. The only caveat is to make sure you have a place to store it once the season ends.
Change Every Room
A full fall makeover doesn’t stop with the living room floor. In the bedroom, change your blankets, comforters and decorative pillow covers for ones with fall colors and themes. Add some fall-colored leaves around the bathroom mirror. If you use throws on the living room furniture, change them to fall colors too.
To see our available apartments and envision how you can decorate them for fall, just stop by our office. We’ll be glad to give you a tour.
Decorating doesn’t necessarily come naturally for some people, but thankfully we all have plenty of opportunities to get better at it. Even if it’s not your favorite activity, it can’t be denied that you feel better in your own skin when you surround yourself with the colors and objects you love. Patios sometimes get passed over, as you can see by looking at some of the apartments in Raleigh, so we’ll give you some tips to get yours back in shape.
Grab Some Crates
Wooden crates are a fun and inexpensive way to create seating on your balcony, and they provide spaces for plants or vases. You can use them as seating with throw pillows and blankets, or prop up your favorite weather-resistant items and use the crates as a table. To make the crates impervious to rain, just put a wood stain on them before you set them outside. You can use plastic crates as well, but you’ll miss out on the rustic feel if you use plastic over wood. You can also make your own cushions to keep yourself comfortable when you’re out there so you can save the blankets for your lap.
Make Use of Herbs
If you like to cook, this is probably the most fun and practical way to decorate your balcony. Keep your favorites in hanging plants out on the balcony, and you’ll come to associate your balcony with all of the yummy meals you’ll make in your apartment. For some extra fun, you can eat outside amidst all of the delicious smells. If you’re not a big cook, then you can use flowers instead of herbs.
The Trestles are the best Raleigh apartments has to offer, and each apartment comes with its own private patio or balcony. If you would like to learn more about our availability and many other amenities, we invite you to give us a call for more information today!
It’s gorgeous outside, and if you had your way, you’d be in the great outdoors constantly until the end of the summer season. However, with the right furniture, decor, and linens, your Raleigh apartment can become a true summer haven. Struggling to find inspiration? Implement these simple decorating suggestions:
Easy Summer Decorating Tips
- Wreaths are no longer just for the holiday season. Capture the best of the great outdoors with a summer wreath, which you can hang on your wall or on the door. Wreaths can feature live or fake flowers, but for a more summery vibe, include plenty of greens. For a unique, beachy take on the wreath concept, adorn a DIY wreath with seashells.
- Colorful summer linens. Forget the heavy linens and dark colors of winter; the summer months are all about cotton and other lightweight linens. The more colorful the linens in your household, the better. When in doubt, opt for green and blue hues that reflect the grass, the sky, and the water.
- Patio-style furniture and accessories. Bring the patio concept indoors with bamboo and wicker furniture, which is simultaneously chic and affordable — and super comfortable.
- Beachy decor. Are you eager to feel the sand beneath your toes but unable to fit a beach trip in your busy schedule? Recreate the splendor of the beach with nautical or shell-infused decor.
- Paper lanterns. During the day, the more light you can let in your apartment, the better. At night, however, you can bring the summer vibe inside with the help of paper lanterns. These will remind you of chilling outside with a beer at your favorite restaurant patio.
Summer fun is never far away at The Trestles, where you can chill on your private patio, hang out at the pool, or simply gaze out your beautiful bay windows. Reach out at your earliest convenience to learn more about our apartments and amenities.
Building up your body strength offers a number of benefits, including stronger bones and muscles, greater stamina and improved focus. If you have trouble finding time to head to the gym regularly, try doing these strength-training moves at home, at work or when you’re on the go.
Hold a pair of dumbbells at each side, then slowly raise them up to your chest while keeping your elbows bent. Do 10 to 12 at a time with each arm to strengthen your upper arms. You can also hold canned goods or other heavy objects in each hand if you don’t have dumbbells with you.
Single Leg Squats
Stand on one leg, then lower your body slowly. Move back into a standing position, then switch to the other leg to make the muscles in both legs stronger.
Lie on the floor on your stomach and raise your arms over your head. Lift your legs and arms off the floor, then hold that position for about 5 seconds to strengthen your torso.
Start in a sitting position with your hands facing forward and resting on a box or table behind you. Keep your feet on the floor, then lower your body. Your arms should end up at right angles to it. This helps make your arm muscles stronger.
Lie on your back and lift your legs until they’re at a right angle to your body. Move your legs as though you’re riding a bicycle to give your leg muscles a good workout.
If you’re working on getting in shape for summer, this is a great time to start doing these strength-training exercises. At The Trestles, you can do these moves in the comfort of your spacious apartment or in our on-site 24-hour fitness center. Contact us for more information on our apartments in Raleigh.
Getting the opportunity to visit the beach usually means a day of sunshine, leisure, and fun in the ocean. Many of us also have the habit of collecting a wide variety of seashells along the shoreline. We collect them for one simple reason – they’re beautiful to look at and each one has something unique about it.
However, most of us just end up throwing them away because we don’t know what to do with them after a certain point in time. Yet, seashells can be very useful, and if you have a creative mind, you can use them in many ways to decorate your apartment. Plus, they don’t cost a penny.
Here are 5 ways in which seashells can be useful as decorating your living space.
If you can find an old glass jar or canister, just fill it up with seashells and maybe even some starfish. Get a sand dollar, and mark it with the name of the location from which you found the seashells. Use a metallic, permanent marker so that the writing stays and looks nice. Your seashell souvenir is now ready. All you have to do now is find the perfect place to display it.
If you find large shells such as conches or sea biscuits, you can use them for a couple of display options. Put them into your home office or in your work space as paperweights. Also, arrange them atop your dinner table or kitchen counters as beachy decorations. They’ll look cool and your sea shell collection won’t go to waste.
Using a plain picture frame that you already have or purchasing some new ones with solid, thick frames, you can dress them up by supergluing your collected seashells onto the frame. Insert a photo of you and your loved ones from your day at the beach.
You can use this to place your jewelry or even your watch before going to bed. All you need to do is turn a large shell upside down and place it on your bedside table. It’s that simple.
A lot of times, we have objects around our homes or apartments that we can’t find a use for but also don’t want to toss out, especially if they’re in decent condition. Repurposing these types of materials are not only fun ways to get creative, but they’re a great way to add a unique, homemade design detail to our living space.
In this segment, we’ll talk about unique ways to build your own stools with old, unused objects.
Steel Bucket Stool
Steel buckets are sturdy and can hold a lot of weight. When you are not using them to fetch a pail of water, you can turn this daily, mundane object to create a razzmatazz stool. Color them in attractive shades and drill in wooden legs to give them the base they require. Add a cushion to the top and voila your stool is ready!
Wooden Crate Stool
Most of the time, we find leftover wooden crates lying around that we’re not sure what to do with. Wooden furniture of all sorts is stylish and versatile. Repurpose your old wine crate into a new place to sit.
Electric Spool Stool
These spools make for the perfect kids’ stools. They can accommodate light weights and their base is already established. All you need to do is add a colorful cushion on the top to complete the look.
The Lone Log Stool
You can give an otherwise lifeless log a new purpose by putting a layer of varnish on it after giving it a smooth finish. This would be a very natural and simple approach to a DIY stool.
Reading Material Stool
Get some magazines and stack them up to create a magazine stool. Top them up with a cushion and bind them together with a leather belt or other binding material to create this offbeat stool. The weight of the magazines and their colorful spines put together will make for a perfectly functional decoration piece in your home.
Nowadays, it can be extremely challenging to balance our time, both being at work and while we’re away from work. We spend a great deal of time at work, some of us so much so that we forget to turn it off when we leave and let it seep into our personal time.
It’s very important for everyone to find time for themselves. It creates a healthy mentality, a balanced psyche, and better relationships.
- Relaxation Ritual- Think of something that truly helps you relax. Whether that’s a bubble bath, a cup of hot tea, or a trip to the gym. Whatever activity takes you out of your element and helps you unwind, let this activity become a post-work ritual. Rituals help us to be in the moment and stay present.
- Put Work Away- Whatever work supplies you bring home with you, put them somewhere where you can close the door. Put your briefcase, work phone, laptop, and documents into an assigned area that’s out of sight. Out of sight, out of mind.
- Turn Off Your Phone- This one can be tough. Some of us don’t have the option to turn off our lifeline to work. If this is the case for you, then at least do this during the really important events. If you’re at your kid’s sports game, on a date with your partner, or spending some time with loved ones, work can wait for those couple of meaningful hours.
- Meditate- This doesn’t mean light some sage and begin chanting. Meditation is an effective, proven technique to quiet the chatter in your mind and help you find peace. Find a space in your home or outside that is quiet and serene, close your eyes, and simply focus on breathing deeply and fully. Your mind may race initially, but if you give yourself some time, the chatter will drift off and you’ll be able to be present.
- Get Outside- Being outdoors and breathing in fresh air is a timeless method to relaxing. Pay attention to what’s going on around you and take in your surroundings. Visually witnessing nature in its element is a great way to refresh your mind and rid yourself of stress.
- Tomorrow- Remember: there’s always tomorrow. Work will still be there when you get to the office in the morning, and regardless of whether or not you choose to work while you’re at home, there will still be more work to do.
Give yourself the gift of personal space.
Are you looking for the best places to go holiday shopping this season? Malls and retail stores can be hectic and crowded during the holidays; it’s a good idea to be sure of the best places so that you’re not battling for a parking space just to find out that you’re in the wrong place.
Whether you’re new to the area or just looking for some tips, here are 5 of the best holiday shopping destinations in Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Crabtree Valley Mall- If a saturated shopping mall is your preferred place to holiday shop, Crabtree Valley Mall is your place. Packed with popular department stores, brand name retailers, jewelry, book stores, restaurants, and tech devices, you are bound to find whatever it is you’re seeking in one of the nearly 200 stores.
- North Hills- Giving Crabtree Valley Mall a run for its money, North Hills is another great one-stop-shop for holiday shopping. If you don’t like the idea of getting lost in a massive mall, North Hills offers an outdoor shopping experience alternative. Similarly, they are equipped with plenty of shopping, dining, events, and entertainment.
- Logan’s Trading Company- Sometimes, gifting others with flowers and festive plant life is a great way to go. Logan’s Trading Company is a garden shop that has been open for 50 years and sells plants, flowers, holiday decor, landscaping products, and yummy edibles. It’s a great place to stop in for your home holiday decorations and distant relatives, coworkers, or in-laws.
- Deco Raleigh- For those seeking a shopping experience that is diverse and unique, head over to Deco Raleigh. With a mission to support local talent, Deco Raleigh sells the handmade products of over 60 local artisans including pottery, art, jewelry, greeting cards, and t-shirts. Here, you are sure to find something that you will not find anywhere else.
- Quail Ridge Books & Music- Your go-to bookstore is Quail Ridge Books & Music. There is a wide array of books, both new and used, to appease many different hobbies and interests. You can also find music, memberships, cards, and gift cards. Check it out and see what you can check off of your holiday shopping list.