Nowadays, it can be extremely challenging to balance our time, both being at work and while we’re away from work. We spend a great deal of time at work, some of us so much so that we forget to turn it off when we leave and let it seep into our personal time.
It’s very important for everyone to find time for themselves. It creates a healthy mentality, a balanced psyche, and better relationships.
- Relaxation Ritual- Think of something that truly helps you relax. Whether that’s a bubble bath, a cup of hot tea, or a trip to the gym. Whatever activity takes you out of your element and helps you unwind, let this activity become a post-work ritual. Rituals help us to be in the moment and stay present.
- Put Work Away- Whatever work supplies you bring home with you, put them somewhere where you can close the door. Put your briefcase, work phone, laptop, and documents into an assigned area that’s out of sight. Out of sight, out of mind.
- Turn Off Your Phone- This one can be tough. Some of us don’t have the option to turn off our lifeline to work. If this is the case for you, then at least do this during the really important events. If you’re at your kid’s sports game, on a date with your partner, or spending some time with loved ones, work can wait for those couple of meaningful hours.
- Meditate- This doesn’t mean light some sage and begin chanting. Meditation is an effective, proven technique to quiet the chatter in your mind and help you find peace. Find a space in your home or outside that is quiet and serene, close your eyes, and simply focus on breathing deeply and fully. Your mind may race initially, but if you give yourself some time, the chatter will drift off and you’ll be able to be present.
- Get Outside- Being outdoors and breathing in fresh air is a timeless method to relaxing. Pay attention to what’s going on around you and take in your surroundings. Visually witnessing nature in its element is a great way to refresh your mind and rid yourself of stress.
- Tomorrow- Remember: there’s always tomorrow. Work will still be there when you get to the office in the morning, and regardless of whether or not you choose to work while you’re at home, there will still be more work to do.
Give yourself the gift of personal space.
Are you looking for the best places to go holiday shopping this season? Malls and retail stores can be hectic and crowded during the holidays; it’s a good idea to be sure of the best places so that you’re not battling for a parking space just to find out that you’re in the wrong place.
Whether you’re new to the area or just looking for some tips, here are 5 of the best holiday shopping destinations in Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Crabtree Valley Mall- If a saturated shopping mall is your preferred place to holiday shop, Crabtree Valley Mall is your place. Packed with popular department stores, brand name retailers, jewelry, book stores, restaurants, and tech devices, you are bound to find whatever it is you’re seeking in one of the nearly 200 stores.
- North Hills- Giving Crabtree Valley Mall a run for its money, North Hills is another great one-stop-shop for holiday shopping. If you don’t like the idea of getting lost in a massive mall, North Hills offers an outdoor shopping experience alternative. Similarly, they are equipped with plenty of shopping, dining, events, and entertainment.
- Logan’s Trading Company- Sometimes, gifting others with flowers and festive plant life is a great way to go. Logan’s Trading Company is a garden shop that has been open for 50 years and sells plants, flowers, holiday decor, landscaping products, and yummy edibles. It’s a great place to stop in for your home holiday decorations and distant relatives, coworkers, or in-laws.
- Deco Raleigh- For those seeking a shopping experience that is diverse and unique, head over to Deco Raleigh. With a mission to support local talent, Deco Raleigh sells the handmade products of over 60 local artisans including pottery, art, jewelry, greeting cards, and t-shirts. Here, you are sure to find something that you will not find anywhere else.
- Quail Ridge Books & Music- Your go-to bookstore is Quail Ridge Books & Music. There is a wide array of books, both new and used, to appease many different hobbies and interests. You can also find music, memberships, cards, and gift cards. Check it out and see what you can check off of your holiday shopping list.
For companies that are trying to escape the Northeast corridor, which is crammed and expensive, Raleigh is the destination. More and more companies like Cisco, IBM and SAS are setting up in North Carolina, making Raleigh one of the best places to work in the country. Since the city is located in the “Research Triangle” region (which is the largest research park in the country), Raleigh has the advantage of a lot of universities feeding highly skilled workers to potential employers. With highly affordable real estate and distances that can be covered on foot, Raleigh is not the best place to work for no reason.
There has been a strong inflow of residents in Raleigh, boasting the sixth highest rate of net migration in the last five years. With low costs of starting a business, highly affordable office rents and nearly half the population having a bachelor’s degree at the least, the city is transforming into a diverse economy. Downtown Raleigh is growing stronger with excellent public transit.
Even small businesses have been flourishing in this North Carolina city because of very low hurdles when it comes to regulation. Raleigh encourages businesses to start from scratch. It is an environment that encourages entrepreneurship. When it comes to applying for construction permits, Raleigh is the fastest, with minimal wait times, very efficient procedures and very low cost of administration when it comes to regulatory compliance.
Raleigh also ranks the highest when it comes to hiring opportunities, which is determined by the ratio of job openings to the total population. It ranks very high in job satisfaction as well, making it one of the best places to work in the country. With companies adding new jobs by the dozen and a projected job growth of 3.7% through next year, the city is flourishing.
Now that summer’s in full swing every week there’s dozens of events happening in Raleigh. Here’s five noteworthy Raleigh events that’ll take place near our The Trestles Apartments this July.
If you’re looking for a new place to live near fun events, come see our Raleigh apartments. Please contact us to set up a tour.
Are you looking to learn more about living in Raleigh? Have you been seeking a new home in The Triangle? If you’re thinking of settling in Raleigh, you’ve come to the right place.
The Trestles’ blog is a great place to learn about living in Raleigh, and detailed below are a few highlights of Raleigh that you’ll learn about.
Living in Raleigh has got plenty of perks. Known as the “City of Oaks,” Raleigh is a welcoming combination of friendly and fun. The city embodies a small-town Southern vibe while still offering its residents everything that a big city has to offer. There is no shortage of good food, shops, attractions, arts, culture, music and other events.
In addition to all of the things that make up the culture of the city, you can find world-class healthcare as well. Business is thriving, so it’s also a place to secure a job with some upward mobility. If education is your thing, choose from several excellent schools.
The list continues on with sports and recreation. Raleigh is home to a bevy of nationally recognized collegiate sports teams, from Duke to Shaw to NC State. If you are more about the action, there are incredible options for hiking, biking, boating, kayaking, fishing, swimming and more.
If you’re looking for apartments in Northeast Raleigh, you’ll want to check out The Trestles. It’s a beautiful community featuring one- and two-bedroom apartments that boast many features and amenities. You’ll find things like:
- Walk-in closets
- Kitchens with dishwashers and self-cleaning ovens
- Washer/dryer connections in-unit
- Two swimming pools
Be sure to check out our blog on a regular basis to stay in the know about living in Raleigh. And if you’re ready to settle into the Triangle, don’t hesitate to contact us at The Trestles today.