‘Tis the season for holiday parties, family and early evenings cozied up to the fire with a warm drink in hand. Merriment and seasonal refreshments help offset the colder and darker winter months. Whether enjoying a relaxing evening at home or entertaining guests, these holiday spirits are sure to put you in the holiday spirit.
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 1 tablespoon of heavy cream
- 1 bottle of champagne or prosecco
- Optional orange slices and ¼ cup of sugar, for garnishment
Directions: If desired, rim four champagne glasses with sugar. In a tall glass, mix the orange juice and heavy cream. Pour this mixture into the prepared champagne glasses. Top off with champagne or prosecco. Garnish with an orange slice.
- 2½ ounces of cranberry juice
- 2 ounces of strawberry vodka
- 4 dashes of white creme de menthe
- Optional candy canes, for garnishment
Directions: Combine the cranberry juice, strawberry vodka and white creme de menthe in a cocktail shaker with ice. Mix well and strain into a martini glass. Garnish with a small candy cane. Serves one.
Slow-Cooker Mulled Wine
- 1 bottle of red wine
- 1 cup of cranberry juice
- 1 cup of apple cider
- 1 cup of fresh cranberries
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 2 oranges, with peels and juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon of whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon of star anise
Directions: Place all of the ingredients in a slow cooker. Stir and cook on high until warm (about 30 minutes). Serves four.
- 3 ounces of ginger beer
- 2 ounces of vodka
- 2 ounces of cranberry juice
- ¼ cup of lime juice
- Optional fresh cranberries and lime wedge, for garnishment
Directions: Mix vodka, cranberry juice and lime juice in a mug filled with ice. Top with ginger beer. Garnish with cranberries and a lime wedge. Serves one.
These four craft cocktails are sure to warm up winter nights. To find the perfect apartment in Raleigh to entertain guests and serve these festive libations, call The Trestles to schedule a private tour.