If you enjoy beautiful housing in a scenic yet easily accessible area then the Trestles Apartments in Raleigh is sure to suit your tastes. Both one and two bedroom apartments are available and aesthetic amenities include fireplaces, balconies and vaulted ceilings.
At the same time, no place is really home until you’ve decorated it for the season. Here are three ideas for winter centerpieces that may suit your fancy.
Candles make excellent centerpieces and they can be used in a variety of ways. A candle in a metallic lantern is great if you want a centerpiece with a traditional feel. Other alternatives include having several tea candles floating in a bowl of water or placing a large candle in a glass tray and decorating the tray with pine sprigs, pine cones and/or holly.
Baubles can convey a large variety of sentiments. Gold and silver are elegant and classy while orange and red have a warm, autumnal feeling. Hot pink and blue give a room a lively flair while green and red are traditional December colors. Place the baubles in a glass container and watch them transform your living or dining room area.
Floral arrangements make lovely centerpieces. You can use either real or fake flowers; however, fake flowers are the best option if you suffer from allergies and/or want a long-lasting centerpiece. Choose flowers that match with room’s overall style of decor and the holiday sentiments you want to convey. At the same time, don’t be afraid to think outside the box and choose an original arrangement that reflects your unique personality.
The Trestles has much to offer anyone who is looking for a new home. The community is near local schools and shopping centers, has flexible lease terms and offers a playground, swimming pools, on-site clothing care centers and other amenities. Give us a call to find out more or take a tour of the grounds.
Decorating doesn’t necessarily come naturally for some people, but thankfully we all have plenty of opportunities to get better at it. Even if it’s not your favorite activity, it can’t be denied that you feel better in your own skin when you surround yourself with the colors and objects you love. Patios sometimes get passed over, as you can see by looking at some of the apartments in Raleigh, so we’ll give you some tips to get yours back in shape.
Grab Some Crates
Wooden crates are a fun and inexpensive way to create seating on your balcony, and they provide spaces for plants or vases. You can use them as seating with throw pillows and blankets, or prop up your favorite weather-resistant items and use the crates as a table. To make the crates impervious to rain, just put a wood stain on them before you set them outside. You can use plastic crates as well, but you’ll miss out on the rustic feel if you use plastic over wood. You can also make your own cushions to keep yourself comfortable when you’re out there so you can save the blankets for your lap.
Make Use of Herbs
If you like to cook, this is probably the most fun and practical way to decorate your balcony. Keep your favorites in hanging plants out on the balcony, and you’ll come to associate your balcony with all of the yummy meals you’ll make in your apartment. For some extra fun, you can eat outside amidst all of the delicious smells. If you’re not a big cook, then you can use flowers instead of herbs.
The Trestles are the best Raleigh apartments has to offer, and each apartment comes with its own private patio or balcony. If you would like to learn more about our availability and many other amenities, we invite you to give us a call for more information today!
It’s gorgeous outside, and if you had your way, you’d be in the great outdoors constantly until the end of the summer season. However, with the right furniture, decor, and linens, your Raleigh apartment can become a true summer haven. Struggling to find inspiration? Implement these simple decorating suggestions:
Easy Summer Decorating Tips
- Wreaths are no longer just for the holiday season. Capture the best of the great outdoors with a summer wreath, which you can hang on your wall or on the door. Wreaths can feature live or fake flowers, but for a more summery vibe, include plenty of greens. For a unique, beachy take on the wreath concept, adorn a DIY wreath with seashells.
- Colorful summer linens. Forget the heavy linens and dark colors of winter; the summer months are all about cotton and other lightweight linens. The more colorful the linens in your household, the better. When in doubt, opt for green and blue hues that reflect the grass, the sky, and the water.
- Patio-style furniture and accessories. Bring the patio concept indoors with bamboo and wicker furniture, which is simultaneously chic and affordable — and super comfortable.
- Beachy decor. Are you eager to feel the sand beneath your toes but unable to fit a beach trip in your busy schedule? Recreate the splendor of the beach with nautical or shell-infused decor.
- Paper lanterns. During the day, the more light you can let in your apartment, the better. At night, however, you can bring the summer vibe inside with the help of paper lanterns. These will remind you of chilling outside with a beer at your favorite restaurant patio.
Summer fun is never far away at The Trestles, where you can chill on your private patio, hang out at the pool, or simply gaze out your beautiful bay windows. Reach out at your earliest convenience to learn more about our apartments and amenities.