The Triangle region is beautiful. Unlike high-developed industrial cities, Raleigh-Durham is surrounded by trees, green space and tons of natural beauty. However, one of the drawbacks of this lush scenery is that hay fever and allergies are a problem for many people who live here.
Here are a few tips to breathe easier in your Raleigh apartment:
- Keep your windows shut at all times. While a fresh breeze is wonderful, it can also cover your apartment with a layer of pollen. Use your air conditioning to keep your apartment cool and fresh.
- Eliminate items that can hold pollen and dust.This includes rugs, drapes, pillows, and other fabrics. Less is more, so embrace a minimalist decor.
- Thoroughly wash your bedding on a regular basis.
- Change air conditioning filters on a monthly basis.
- Clean the area under your sinks regularly. This area grows mold very easily, so it is in your best interest to keep it sparkling clean.
- When you are done with your shower allow the fan to run for a few minutes to dry the room out. Keep mold and mildew to a minimum by adhering to a regular cleaning schedule.